Monday, January 31, 2011

The Hair Masque That Changed My Life


If you have thick, coarse hair like I do, you've probably tried every hair masque under the sun. I've tried everything from an actual avocado, to hair treatments costing hundreds of dollars (although I will say the Brazilian Blowout is still pretty amazing), but I have yet to find anything that fits my budget and can actual tame my hair. That is, until now!

I recently got my hands on Kim Vo's Moisturizing Masque. It's a "Hydrolyzed Silk Intensive treatment that rejuvenates color-treated hair that is dry, damaged and aging." Whatever, all that matters is... IT WORKS!

I started by leaving the masque on while I soaked in the tub for 20 minutes, and that certainly did the trick. But in the last few weeks, I started leaving the masque on my hair over night and it has literally transformed my hair! I can not tell you how soft, fluffy and voluminous my hair has become, making me actually WANT to wear my hair down and not in a ponytail.

I also come up with another little trick. Since I've become too lazy to wake up early to take a shower in the morning, I've started taking a shower at night. Before I go to bed, I flip my hair over and brush it all into a wet ponytail on top of my head. And yes, I sleep with the ponytail on the top of my head... even though my husband hates it and says I look like a sumo wrestler:) By the time I wake up, my hair is partially dry and the ponytail has created cowlicks all over my hair near my scalp (which, in turn, creates VOLUME). I then, blowout my hair with a large round brush (it only takes me 10 minutes) and... VOILA... my hair is full and it actually looks like I went and got a professional blowout:) This has become my nightly routine.

I really think I'm onto something. Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment