Tuesday, March 23, 2010

HUGE Strawberries, Must Be Spring... But Where Are The Deals?!


My fiance and I took our weekly grocery shopping to CUB Foods this weekend, and they had some pretty good prices on strawberries (which I haven't had since last summer). I think they were like $2.99/lb. I don't know what these strawberries were fed, but one of them was as big as my fist! They're so sweet and juicy... and when we see strawberries in the crate-loads and on sale... spring and summer must be on its way!

Speaking of grocery shopping... there's nothing better than a great deal when you're spending money. While working on a show called TWIN CITIES LIVE on KSTP, I've become friends with an amazing woman named Carrie Rocha (pronounced Ha-shaw). Carrie is the founder of www.pocketyourdollars.com, a website that not only gives readers great deals, but FREEBIES too. Carrie got her family $50,000 out of debt, by simply cutting back and clipping coupons. We feature her every Tuesday on TCL and I have learned so much from this Maple Grove mom. Now, I NEVER go grocery shopping without my coupons, and I literally print her shopping lists to places like Target and CUB, before I head to the store. I've always been a thrifty shopper, but one of the biggest lessons I've learned from Carrie, is to never pay full price. There's always a deal out there. And Carrie does the work for you! She literally tells you which coupons to use, where to find them, how how to combine them in order to save $$$ on your next shopping trip. I've learned a lot from Carrie, and now, I hope you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment