Thursday, April 1, 2010

Am I "The Cheap Girl"?!

Working for TWIN CITIES LIVE, I have had the opportunity to try some pretty amazing things: helicopter rides, hot air balloon adventures, flying a plane, and of course some of the most delicious food the Twin Cites has to offer. My latest adventure... "cheap but cute" fashion segments on TCL! I've been putting together looks for show segments... everything from "Cute, Comfy and Cheap" outfits, to my latest "Spring Dresses Under $40". I'm having the opportunity to combine three things I love... fashion/shopping, saving money, and television! I'd say this is a pretty good gig.


I've teamed up with Meredith Model and Talent Agency, and they've been sending me some wonderful, beautiful, and talented local models, to showcase the looks I put together for these segments. Many of these girls are new to the business, so their first television modeling appearance in on TCL... which must be so exciting for them!

Below is one of the actual outfits I put together this week for our show's co-host, Elizabeth Ries. This dress is from Charlotte Russe, and was only $25! Cute huh?! TCL Producer Kelly Jordan saw it when I brought it into work after my shopping trip, and she went out and bought it for herself. Good choice Kelly!

Now, I'm looking for an actual name for my TCL fashion segments. "Cute but Cheap" and "Fashion Saver" have been brought to the table. Any other ideas???? For now, I think I'm known as "The Cheap Girl"... such is life:)

4 comments:

  1. Hum... I think that I am the WORST at coming up with names... but I will try to think of One.

    Hum.

    Hummmm.

    *Stumped*

    Hum...

    How about... Chic and Cheap?

    Low Budget, High Style?

    Style on a Budget?

    Thats all I got. I am sure whatever you go with (like 'the cheap girl') will be wonderful!!

    Yeah for you on your awesome segment!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many questions about the photo with you and Hulk Hogan...actually only one...WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was dressed up as a dragon for our Halloween show. Yep...

    ReplyDelete