Sunday, April 18, 2010

Registering For The Wedding

I have to admit, one of the most exciting things AJ and I have gotten to do since we got engaged... REGISTERING FOR THE WEDDING! Having a store just give you a little scanner and tell you to go pick out anything you want for your wedding gifts... well it doesn't get much better than that!

It took us an entire day to hit up three of our favorite stores: Macys, Target, and Crate and Barrel. Our first stop, Crate and Barrel! When we got there, we decided to register for pretty much all of our dinnerware, silverware, etc. They have a lot of cute stuff, and for pretty decent prices (I don't care for their bedding patterns though). AJ got to do all of the scanning, but I did watch him like a hawk, because I knew if I turned away for a second, he would start scanning random toys we don't need:) At one point I saw him drooling over a deep fryer and ice-cream maker (those things did NOT make the registry).

Our second stop, MACY'S! This is where everything changed. For all you newly engaged ladies or soon-to-be brides... REGISTER AT MACY'S! The woman helping us told us about their Rewards Program. This program is set up to give the bride and groom 5% of everything purchased on your registry after the wedding, in Macy's credit. So basically, if people purchase a wedding gift for us at Macy's from off our registry, not only will we get a great gift, but we'll get 5% of whatever they spent, back in Macy's credit. This is great, especially for new homeowners like us! Our friends Carrie and Steve Bell told us, that they registered at Macy's and after the wedding, Macy's just keep sending them gift cards. Once we heard about this, we decided to take a lot of the things off of our Crate and Barrel registry, and register for a majority of the things we need at Macy's!

Our final stop... Target! And who doesn't love Target?! I'm the kind of girl that will walk into Target to grab a gallon of milk, and walk out with $100 worth of stuff. Target gets me every time... I'm like a kid in a candy store:) We decided to register for a lot of our outdoor stuff at Target. I'm hoping one of our wedding guests will actually buy me a Target store (here's to wishful thinking).

I'm very thankful that AJ and I have the same taste in home decor and colors. For us, registering was actually a lot of fun... exhausting, but fun! I learned that boys have no interest in linen patterns and thread counts, and you should stay away from the electronics aisle at Target when registering for your wedding. I'm not sure who invented the wedding registry idea, but if I ever meet this person they'll be getting a BIG high five and hug from yours truly:)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Love it. I had no idea about that Macy's program. I think I need to get married again! :)

    ReplyDelete