Monday, October 18, 2010

My Beautiful, Fake Lashes

Since my wedding, a few people have asked about my long, luscious lashes. First of all, thank you. Second, they're fake:)

I decided to get semi-permanent lashes for my October 2nd wedding, and I'm happy and very surprised to see that they have stuck around! I had my lashes done the Wednesday before my wedding by Amy Presson at Jett Makeup. She has an amazing studio in Edina, where they do makeup and eyelash extensions. Amy has you lay on a very comfortable bed while she applies the lashes one by one, in a process that takes about two hours (one hour for a fill). I fell asleep during my treatment... it's hard not to because you're so relaxed:) Amy says people fall asleep all the time, and often snore (I hope I wasn't one of those people)!

Once your lashes are applied using a medical grade adhesive bonding agent, Amy goes over some rules to make sure your lashes stay in place. The best part is, you don't need mascara! In fact, mascara is a eyelash extension "no-no". In the last 3 weeks, my lashes have been in the ocean, sun, pool, and they have stayed in place (minus a few that have shed naturally). Amy says the lash extensions will shed naturally with your own eyelashes. If you ask me, they can stick around for as long as they'd like. Amy has made a fan out of this lady:)

The lashes run about $200 for the first application, and then about $100 for a fill. To read more about Jett Makeup's eyelash extensions or to book an appointment, contact Amy at 651-373-1702, or click here: http://www.jettmakeup.com/. Tell her Melissa sent you:)

Xoxo,

Melissa Saigh

No comments:

Post a Comment