Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wedding Invitations

Since we sent our wedding invitations out a few weeks ago, we have received so many compliments and even some questions as to where we got them done. Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful words, and I'm happy to say that we chose to save money on our invitations, by doing them ourselves (and when I say "our"-selves I mean "my"-self)! Thanks to a dear friend, Stacy Anderson, we were able to save hundreds of dollars on our wedding invitations.

Stacy is one of my personal attendants in our wedding and a very talented lady when it comes to event planning! I gave her an invitation that I had fallen in love with... an invitation that would have cost over $1,000 to have done professionally. She worked her magic and came up with a design I just LOVED! She turned the design and invitation info into a PDF file that I needed to have printed, helped me pick out the paper, envelopes, and showed me how I would put them together. With some work, the do-it-yourself invitations might just look like the expensive invites!

It took me three nights of sitting at home, cutting, pasting, sealing, etc., but my wedding invitations turned out just the way I wanted them to! The backing is a thick piece of dark brown paper, and pasted on top is an ivory paper with hot pink and brown wording and design. The RSVP card that we included in the invitation was on a matching ivory paper, with the same brown and hot pink lettering and design (dark chocolate brown and hot pink are our wedding colors).

Sealing, addressing and stamping the wedding invitations was a whole new ball game (lots of time and work), but when all was said and done, we ended up spending about $250 TOTAL on everything (stamps included) for our invitations. If you want some advice from this bride-to-be... get your invitations done early, use a little elbow grease (not really grease because you don't want anything greasy near your invitations), the help of family and friends, and SAVE money on your wedding invitations! Make something that you love and that you're proud of, because let's be honest... who really keeps the invitations besides the bride and MAYBE some close family:) Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I just had to share this with you when I saw your pretty invites...

    http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2010/04/bridal-shower-apple-blossoms.html

    I think you have great taste!!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks dear! I am so glad that you liked them. It was fun to have something to design for :)

    ReplyDelete