Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Proposal Video


Last weekend, AJ not only celebrated his 26th birthday, but the two of us also celebrated the one-year anniversary of our engagement! It amazes me that a year has already gone by and that we will be married in one month. Not only do I love talking to anyone and everyone about my wedding plans, but I also love looking back on the video from the night that we got engaged (thanks Joe)...

Click HERE to watch "The Proposal Video"


I always enjoy hearing stories about friends getting engaged, and I feel so lucky that we have AJ's proposal on video to look back on. For those of you who don't know the story, here's the short version (just ask me for the long version next time you see me and I won't hesitate to tell you the whole story). Me and AJ's parents hadn't met yet, so my parents decided to invite them over for AJ's birthday dinner on August 29th, 2009. I spent the entire day cooking, cleaning and stressing about the "event". Never in a million years did I expect a proposal. In fact, I thought the complete opposite, as I had been fighting with AJ months prior about the fact that I thought we would "never get married" (I was not shy about sharing my feelings on the topic). Little did I know that AJ had already bought a ring, asked my Dad for permission to marry me, and both sets of our parents knew what this night had in store! AJ's roomate Joe, his girlfriend Gabby and my brother and sister were also there, and Joe was the man with the camera:) AJ gave a toast, and gave me a present for putting together the night's "festivities". Three glasses of wine into the night and my Borat voice ever-so-present, I opened the gift to find a box made of chocolate, with little chocolate beans inside, and THE RING!

Now, one year later, we're wrapping up all of our wedding planning, getting ready to become husband and wife, and throw a killer party! 32 days and counting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment