Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pre-Cana Classes... Woof!

Tomorrow, we will be 12 days away from our wedding day, and MAN has time flown! I know this sounds so cliche, but it really seems like yesterday that AJ was down on one knee, asking me to marry him. I can not wait to have all of our family and friends in one room, supporting us as we become husband and wife!

This past weekend, AJ and I completed our pre-cana classes on the St. Thomas Campus in St. Paul. Since we're getting married in a catholic church, this is one of the many requirements. I will admit that I was NOT excited at all about attending these classes, but now that they're done I'll admit that it wasn't TOO bad. It was nice spending time with AJ, talking about some of the things you don't necessarily get around to talking about as a couple. Both of us are so busy, and while I'm wrapped up in all the wedding-planning extravaganza, we haven't had time to just sit down and talk for a long period of time. This weekend gave us that opportunity. However, we didn't really connect with any of the couples who spoke or gave presentations during the pre-cana classes. For example, one of the couples who spoke this weekend, doesn't believe in using sarcasm in their home. And, if sarcasm is used, their rule is to apologize to their significant other. Hmmmm...

If AJ and I didn't have sarcasm in our relationship, I don't know if we'd survive;) We are both very silly and immature people, and we really don't take ourselves too seriously. This works for US, but might not work for other couples or families. I completely respect the way other families live, but I found it very difficult to connect to many of the speeches during our pre-cana classes. All in all, I am happy we went. I'm always open to trying new things:)

As for the actual wedding planning, everything is pretty much done! I worked so hard this past year, making sure everything was done SOONER rather than later. Now, I can just sit back, relax and wait for the fun to start!!!

PS, any wedding advice is greatly appreciated:)

No comments:

Post a Comment