Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Ultrasonic Facial

Last week, I may have met the new love of my life. I was introduced to the Ultrasonic Facial at the Thomas Charles Salon in St. Louis Park following a segment we did a on TWIN CITIES LIVE about ways to clean out your pores. My friend and host of our show, Elizabeth Ries, had this facial done and RAVED about it in the office and on-air. So I of course had to go try it out for myself:)

This treatment is performed by Susan Garmany and it incorporates water with low frequency sound waves. It looks like a little spatula and it actually scrapes off all of your dead skin cells and gets deep into the cells to help stimulate your skin's natural repair mechanisms. This facial is really one-of-a-kind and unlike any facial I've ever gotten.

Susan starts by cleansing your skin and uses all sorts of serums, specific to your skin's needs. The ultrasonic frequency opens pathways to allow all the nutrients from these serums to reach deeper into your skin for longer-lasting results! This facial lasts about an hour and a half, and one of the best parts is the hand, arm and foot massage Susan gives you while a mask penetrates into your skin. I was so relaxed during my treatment, I almost fell asleep.

One of my biggest skin imperfections are the blackheads on my nose. After my facial, I seriously couldn't see any on my nose. They were gone! I also noticed my skin was plump, hydrated, and I had such a glow! This facial is so much better and different than a regular microdermabrasion, because it's not as rough and gritty.

If I were to rate this facial on a scale from 1-10, I would give it a 9! The only reason I wouldn't give it a 10, is because of the price ($125). But let me tell you, this facial is worth every penny! Remember, you're not just getting a 90 minute facial, you're getting a hand, arm, and foot massage too! If you're looking to spend less money, you can so the Express Treatment (45 minutes) for $75, but I would highly recommend getting the 90 minute treatment. Ladies, we all deserve to treat ourselves every now and then, and why not start with our face?! It is the first thing everyone sees!

To book your appointment, call the Thomas Charles Salon at (952) 925-4277. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment